This page contains a summary of tasks that need doing in the near future.
Always use best judgment when considering watering.
- Open polytunnel doors in the morning, and close in the evening. Coordinate on Whatsapp for this task.
- Remove weeds, particularly Fat Hen, from the vegetable beds.
- Weed around the hedge along Pinnington Close, on the Eastern side
- Collect Raspberries as they get ripe
- Thin the chard in the vegetable bed, to promote growth. Harvest larger outer leaves, and leave 1 plant every 15-20cm.
We divide the garden into Eastern Side and Western Side. These are respectively East and West of Hobson Avenue.
Additionally, we divide each of these sides into 4 quadrants: North-West, North-East, South-East, and South-West.
For brevity and clarity, each quadrant can be addressed by its side (“E” for East and “W” for West), followed by its location within this side (NW, NE, SE, SW as abbreviations).
Below a simplified map for orientation: